About

ReligousFreaks was born in October 2005 by myself. Mostly, it grew out of my growing disdain for religion and the hatred and ignorance it breeds. The goal of ReligiousFreaks is not to incite hatred towards people of faith, but rather to foster interfaith discussion and understanding.

If you would like to learn more about me, please check out the Just Ask section where I answered various questions from my readers.

gasmonso

199 Responses to “About”

1. Jagannath says:

Seriously, seeking truth does not begin with demand of submission nor have you even given one piece of evidence why your version of religion is any better than others?

So far it has been a recap of the old concept of blind subserviency and submission to something you are not even able articulate in short.

Forceful verbal assaults without clear concepts of what and why are merely static with buzzwords and not so different from various propaganda in the world.

Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived.
    - Abraham Lincoln

2. RRock says:

Thank you Jesus, for letting me love you, for making Thy presence known to me.
    Never have I felt a love so true, like a blind man who was made to see.
    You’ve given me a life filled with hope, in a world where I’d known only despair.
    Cut me free from the hangman’s rope, bestowing a love and compassion no one could compare.
    When I lived for myself, I learned how to hate, how to lie, hurt, cheat, and steal.
    I cared not for my life, nor of my fate, only from whence would come my next meal.
    Depression, hunger, hostility, and strife, lusts for money, women, and wine abound.
    All these things were a part of my life, until the love of Jesus turned me around.
    My Lord, you’ve touched me as no one else could, your grace and mercy saved a wretched soul.
    Though I do not deserve a life this good, still you’ve delivered me from the very depths of Sheol.
    My eyes have been opened to a glorious light, which emanates from He who dwells in my heart.
    I sing praises to Thee for my reborn sight, for this spiritual life of which I take part.
    How can I serve Thee? Oh Lord say the word, that I may be an instrument of Thy hand.
    For you called my name, and I have heard, and shall take pride in serving my King, so grand.

Thank You Jesus, for letting me, love You.

3. RRock says:

Jag,

Your words of worldly wisdom are nothing more than a house built on sinking sand. I pity you. Honestly.

4. Jagannath says:

LOL, again mere static

5. Michael Hyrocket says:

RRock, who killed Jesus?

I am curious, your prayer is wonderful…

When are you going to share that light? “My eyes have been opened to a glorious light”

When and how are you going to correct our brothers and sisters who you say are walking different from what the bible teaches?
    “I think you need to understand that when I speak against the Christian Religion it’s because they are not followers of the true Messiah, Yeshua, called Jesus”

Is it about a religion or a relationship the Messiah?

What are you doing to spread the gospel far and wide?

Teach us brother, show us our wrongs and not just saying we are wrong.

6. RRock says:

Michael,
    No one killed Jesus, He gave His life willingly. He could have destroyed them anytime He wanted.

7. Michael Hyrocket says:

RRock, thank you for your response. Why did you add this to the answer.
    “He could have destroyed them anytime He wanted”.
    this is true, but you say this from your mind and not your heart. this is a pride that we have in us and we don’t want to seem weak to others that our God is humble and meek, because our creator loves everyone.

Jesus gave his life willing, why is the question. we are to spread the seed with others and maybe one day in their life they will remember it and see the life in his words. We live a life now, but some will not see the life in eternity.
    Thank you for the cross for his death, he has is alive.
    Brother RRock, in Mark 2:16-17
    And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
    When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

8. irishthunder says:

“No one killed Jesus, He gave His life willingly.”
    Even if he give he life willingly doesn’t mean someone else didn’t kill him. Otherwise jesus committed suicide and i know least the catholics wouldn’t be too cool with that…..

9. alcari says:

Funny thing is this:

1 – God is almighty
    2 – God send his son, so that ‘our’ sins may be forgiven.

3 from 1 –> God can do anything
    4 from 3 –> God can forgive everything he want, including humanities collective sins.

5 – from 2 and 4 –> God sent his son to be horribly killed for no reason at all.

10. Rob says:

gasmonso

Okay, so you are someone who has a disdain for religion and you think that they basically cause problems, yet this website was created to provide good, clean, interfaith discussion? Maybe it’s just me, but it sounds pretty inconsistent since the reason this site exists is because of your very disdain for religion alltogether (according to you, not me). I just don’t think that you’re being honest, either that or you’re turned around in the head.

11. Mr Anderson says:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Rev 21:4

I really like this website. My Post and i don’t kick-out
    ;)

12. irishthunder says:

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death”

Then why does your god let so many innocent people get murdered in his name?

13. Jade says:

i looked around at your site and your about me…i’m a christian and I gotta say that I’m against religion too…Jesus was (the pharisees) and i totally agree…religious people are sinning hypocrites…just like you and me…but i just wanted to point ouit that it is prejudice to judge like that…also there are many christians who say that that they are but dont live it loud…also, i dont think many christians realize that they don’t just represent themselves…they represent all christians and even more God…i say that I am a christian because I choose to live my life completely for him…also i don’t have a religion…i have a relationship…and I want to leave a GOD impression everywhere I go…not a good impression…i, as a christian, represent the image of God that you get…

14. Simon Bond says:

Howdy all,

Jade, I think I understand what you are getting out. However below is the difinition of religion.

re·li·gion (rÄ­-lÄ­j’É™n) Pronunciation Key
    n.

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
    2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
    3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
    4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
    5. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion

I think number 4 would apply to yourself and alot of other Christians who claim to be against religion. I believe you have taken the meaning of the world religion out of context and used it as a label for groups whose actions or beliefs do not completely follow your own. Just because some you don’t want to be associated with other religous people does not change the meaning of the word. You have a system of beliefs supposedly handed down from your spiritual leader (Christ). That is a religion, its called Christianity. Irrespective of how you look at it the word religion applies according to its meaning. The growing habit of claiming to not be a reigion is merely a catch phrase devoid of any substantial meaning (at least in my opinion). Even the JW’s have started using this approach. So instead of saying you don’t have a religion. Show why your religous beliefs are better than others.

Cheers

Simon Bond

15. hyrocket says:

Jade “i say that I am a christian because I choose to live my life completely for him…also i don’t have a religion…i have a relationship…and I want to leave a GOD impression everywhere I go…not a good impression…i, as a christian, represent the image of God that you get…”

Jade, Thanks for you encouraging words! Seek God with all your heart.
    God Bless you my Sister!

16. Drew says:

I found this site randomly, read some of the articles, and see what’s going on here. We Christians are hypocrites. At least most I know, including myself. The Bible says that the follower of Jesus will want to be where he is. The Word tells us where Jesus is and where his heart is. He is with the lame, the poor, the blind, the naked, the widow, the weak, and the sinner. If I was with him, I would not have even have found this website to write this, I would be to busy being where he is at, and have too much joy and love in my heart to care about changing anything, changing others, but just being with my Lord Jesus and with those he loves. God loves me is all I know and it has changed me, and it not about me, me, ME anymore, it is about Jesus Christ and his Glory. I have seen people live this, and I would rather give my life to Jesus Christ and see what happens, then to live my life alone, empty, and afraid. I’m starting to know that I have never given my life to Him or my life would look completely different.

A good website to visit that I believe has the real-deal, Christians who aren’t hypocrites, is http://www.setapartlife.com
    To read what real Christianity is about go to the sessions downloads http://www.setapartlife.com/session_downloads/

Also Paul Washer

Thanks

17. sidfaiwu says:

Hello Drew,

“We Christians are hypocrites. At least most I know, including myself.”

Sure, we’re all hypocrites to some extent, the nonreligious included. But there is a difference between being a hypocrite and a Hypocrite. I’m sure your level of hypocrisy is normal human-level and doesn’t rise to the same level as some of the freaks featured in these posts.

I’d also like to note that Christian Hypocrisy is not the only type featured here. Muslim, Jewish, and even Hindu Hypocrites make appearances. But since the most common religion amongst English speakers is overwhelmingly Christian, they kinda steal the spot light on this English language blog.

Finally, you should check out the posts under the category Good Freaks. These posts highlight groups or individuals that interpret their beliefs in unusual and often more inclusive ways.

18. Lou says:

If the goal of this website “is not to incite hatred towards people of faith, but rather to foster interfaith discussion and understanding,” you are failing right at the first by calling people of faith “freaks.” You caught my attention, but it was not good attention rather frustration that you have never met me and yet, to you, I am a freak. You have isolated me, along with my beliefs, outside of your realm of acceptability and that will never foster interfaith discussion and understanding. But I thank you for your own hypocrisy – you see, it is not only the Christians who struggle with this.

19. irishthunder says:

So Lou, your going to dismiss this site in it’s entirety because the name of the site hurt your feelings? Every non-believer ive spoken with on this site has done plenty of research into all the main religions and reached a conclusion that just so happens to not be the same as yours.

By the way, it may not be that christians are the only people who struggle with hypocrisy, but they sure are a great example of what happens when you for some reason feel better about yourself for living your life in it.

20. hannah s says:

Love this site and love the name!

21. MarcDLS says:

I’ve noticed that many Christians who post ask why Christianity is the focus of the site. I enlighten them with the observation that the site focuses on Christianity because it is set in a society that was founded by Christians and is inundated with Christian propaganda. If the creator of the site, and a majority of those who access it, were Muslim then the focus would be on that religion. Many Christians complain that their religion is singled out by other and they receive more censorship than other religions, but I would counter that with the observation that it is because it is Christian views that people are faced with and therefore becomes the focus of their dislike and censorship. Count the times you see Christian propaganda in a single day compared to any other.

22. Matt says:

You must be uneducated, or have no desire for the truth if you simply take an old book as factual or even semi-factual.

If there is a God, not a single religion on this planet has even the slightest idea of what his/her true intentions ever were because God would in fact be perfect, and thus incapable of creating a world such as the one we live in.

God is an idea created by people in order to answer questions we cannot explain, and though we have evolved as a global society, religious people (namely Christians) are stuck in their no-way-out, long-winded explanation as to why things that happened in an old book cannot be recreated nor can they ever be proven factual. If one is to waste their lifetime in an argument based on faith alone, they might as well strive to prove that fossils are in-fact fake rocks put here by an omniscient being in order to “test” our faith. Hence, the Earth was not created in 7 days, and fossils alone should suffice to derail the bible’s authenticity.

If religious peoples simple admitted that their way of life is complete and utter bullshit, but it works for them and gets them through their day, I would be 100% happy with that explaination. But, don’t for a second insult my intelligence by attempting to tell me that the occurrences of the religious fantasy world are in fact truths.

If anyone honestly asks themselves simple fundamental questions such as “Why?”, or “How?”, religion quickly becomes an inutile option for a decent explanation as for why things happen.

The truth is, religion is no different than Santa Clause. Christianity is simply used as a cloak to hide the concept of a supreme being. A supreme being that may judge us, scare us, simply as a way to make people behave. After all, if everyone felt as though they were immune from justice the world would be in an anarchist state. Religion is necessary for that reason, in that it controls the masses of ignorant followers… but NEVER should it be taken as factual.

23. Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am from Turkey. I am a muslim.
    I can’t resist to Jesus caricatures on your website (http://religiousfreaks.com/the-insurgent-jesus-caricatures/). I can not tolerate this kind of Jesus caricatures. Jesus is an islamic prophet at the same time. We believe he is a holly personality for us too. His name is written in our holly book, Qoran. Please annul the humiliating Jesus caricatures. This is not fair and this may cause an international religional clash.
    Kindly Regards
    Saltukhan DURA

24. corina says:

so glad to see someone fighting back!

25. Korgan says:

corina,

I’m so glad to see how ineffective your supposed “fighting back” is. The caricatures are still up here and elsewhere. Attempts by religious nuts to squelch them, including hacking attacks and even threats of violence, have utterly failed. That is great, and the efforts and arguments against religion are robust.

Religion is ridiculous, and deserves all the mockery that these caricatures represent. It’s high time that humanity moved on past silly religious fairy tales such as those of Islam and Christianity.

26. Ally says:

This one will keep your attention to the end…….It really makes you think……..

A science professor begins his school year with a lecture to the students, ‘Let me explain the problem science has with religion.’ The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand.

‘You’re a Christian, aren’t you, son?’
    ‘Yes sir,’ the student says.

‘So you believe in God?’
    ‘Absolutely.’

‘Is God good?’
    ‘Sure! God’s good.’

‘Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?’
    ‘Yes.’

‘Are you good or evil?’
    ‘The Bible says I’m evil.’

The professor grins knowingly. ‘Aha! The Bible!’ He considers for a moment. ‘Here’s one for you. Let’s say there’s a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help him? Would you try?’
    ‘Yes sir, I would.’

‘So you’re good…!’
    ‘I wouldn’t say that.’

‘But why not say that? You’d help a sick and maimed person if you could. Most of us would if we could. But God doesn’t.’

The student does not answer, so the professor continues. ‘He doesn’t, does he? My brother was a Christian who died of cancer, even though he prayed to Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?’
    The student remains silent.
    ‘No, you can’t, can you?’ the professor says. He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax.

‘Let’s start again, young fella. Is God good?’
    ‘Er…yes,’ the student says.

‘Is Satan good?’
    The student doesn’t hesitate on this one. ‘No.’

‘Then where does Satan come from?’

The student falters. ‘From God’

‘That’s right. God made Satan, didn’t he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?’
    ‘Yes, sir.’

‘Evil’s everywhere, isn’t it? And God did make everything, correct?’
    ‘Yes.’

‘So who created evil?’ The professor continued, ‘If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and ac cording to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil.’
    Again, the student has no answer.

‘Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this world?’

The student squirms on his feet. ‘Yes.’

‘So who created them?’
    The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his question.
    ‘Who created them?’ There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom. The class is mesmerized.

‘Tell me,’ he continues onto another student. ‘Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?’

The student’s voice betrays him and cracks. ‘Yes, professor, I do.’

The old man stops pacing. ‘Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?’
    ‘No sir. I’ve never seen Him.’

‘Then tell us if you’ve ever heard your Jesus?’
    ‘No, sir, I have not.’

‘Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?’
    ‘No, sir, I’m afraid I haven’t.’

‘Yet you still believe in him?’
    ‘Yes.’

‘According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?’

‘Nothing,’ the student replies. ‘I only have my faith.’

‘Yes, faith,’ the professor repeats. ‘And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence, only faith.’

The student stands quietly for a moment, before asking a question of His own. ‘Professor, is there such thing as heat?’
    ‘Yes,’ the professor replies. ‘There’s heat.’

‘And is there such a thing as cold?’
    ‘Yes, son, there’s cold too.’
    ‘No sir, there isn’t.’

The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet. The student begins to explain. ‘You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don’t have anything called ‘cold’. We can hit up to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees.’

‘Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.’

Silence across the room. A pen drops somewhere in the classroom, sounding like a hammer.

‘What about darkness, professor. Is there such a thing as darkness?’
    ‘Yes,’ the professor replies without hesitation. ‘What is night if it isn’t darkness?’

‘You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it’s called darkness, isn’t it?

That’s the meaning we use to define the word. ‘In reality, darkness isn’t. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?’

The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester. ‘So what point are you making, young man?’

‘Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed.’

The professor’s face cannot hide his surprise this time. ‘Flawed? Can you explain how?’

‘You are working on the premise of duality,’ the student explains. ‘You argue that there is life and then there’s death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can’t even explain a thought.’

‘It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it.’

‘Now tell me, professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from monkey?’

‘If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do.’

‘Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?’

The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.

‘Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?’

The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided.

‘To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, let me give you an example of what I mean.’

The student looks around the room. ‘Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor’s brain?’ The class breaks out into laughter.

‘Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor’s brain, felt the professor’s brain, touched or smelt the professor’s brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir.’

‘So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?’

Now the room is silent. The professor just stares at the student, his face unreadable.

Finally, after what seems an eternity, the old man answers. ‘I guess you’ll have to take them on faith.’

‘Now, you accept that there is faith, and, in fact, faith exists with life,’ the student continues. ‘Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?’

Now uncertain, the professor responds, ‘Of course, there is. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man’s inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.’

To this the student replied, ‘Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God’s love present in his heart. It’s like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.’

The professor sat down.

If you read it all the way through and had a smile on your face when you finished, mail to your friends and family with the title: God vs Science

27. MarcDLS says:

Science Professor and Philosophy Professor are two separate professions. Don’t be a fool.

Heat and cold are relative terms based on our own variable perceptions. Temperature is a measure of the energy in a substance. For one to reach -485 F is a representation of a loss of all energy. One cannot go below that because one cannot have negative energy. Do not confuse relative terms with absolute measurements. Don’t be a fool.

Darkness an light are, once again, relative terms we used based on our variable perceptions. Light is actually a type of energy. Once again, one can measure the units of light as one would measure any type of energy. Do not confuse relative terms with absolute measurements. Don’t be a fool.

Electricity – The movement of electrons from a point of high potential to one of low potential.
    Magnetism – Attraction of one ferrous object to another through a force generated by the alignment of said object’s atoms.
    Don’t be a fool.

Life cannot exist without death. You cannot make an argument against one without making the same against the other. Don’t be a fool.

Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it.’

Death is the end of life. Inanimacy is the absence of life. Don’t be a fool.

The fossil record show the transition of many species from one basic form into another. One human lifetime is insufficient to view such a long process. The fundamentals of evolution, on a microbial level, has been demonstrated many times. Don’t be a fool.

The existence of the brain has been proven through scientific experimentation. One can cut the head open to expose the brain and probe it with instruments to measure the type and amount of reaction. Don’t be a fool.

A more fitting term is trust, not faith. Faith requires the absence of proof. The man obviously has a PhD, though not clear in what area, so one can trust he has knowledge. Don’t be a fool.

Good and evil are relative terms that denote the significance of an action in reference to the observer’s morals. Morals themselves are relative between individuals. Good and evil are a core example for duality since you cannot have one without the other. How can one recognize a good act if one does not know what an evil act is? Don’t be a fool.

28. hyrocket says:

I want to thank Ally and Marc for my introduction in what it means when we my Borthers and Sisters become “lukewarm” neither Hot nor Cold for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and proclamation of our Fathers love for us sinners, who are dead in their trespasses in their communion with Him, who has taken our filthy sins, now makes us acceptable to the surgeons knife of purification in sterilization for the works He wants us to do for the Kingdom to come. In my temptation I too can fall and have fallen into such lukewarmness of my spiritual relationship of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ- For he alone has given me, us Liberty in this world to see the Truths we once held as true. My brothers and sisters we are in a physical and Spiritual battle for the souls of men that Satan continues hold for feel good feelings in such blindness of the resulting consequences that lets them fall further into lust of their hearts-thinking it is the only way and are not worth nothing but what’s on a penny. but our Father has shown us this not to be true. Our Father’s love comes to rule and I am here to tell you to stand firm, let us be Hot or let us be Cold and let us be faithful to Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and i say hide and have fellowship alone, together come let us pray for the things that burden your heart.
    Let us look to Him first for Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I have feelings and i am Hot and Cold. If you follow HIS footsteps you are not a fool but in love- say with me “I’M IN LOVE”

29. Isis says:

@ MarcDLS, thank you for that post, 127, I was thinking along the same lines but could never express them as eloquently as that, high five! :)

30. bot says:

chest bump for you ally post 126 and a fakie for Marc

31. Ally says:

If you’re “open minded” please check out this web site!

I’m just showing some of the testionials from that web site.

Testimonials

Note: Names and some details have been withheld.

” … makes irrefutable sense.” Hindu/Agnostic, Graduate scholar, MD
    ” This just might be the truth.” Muslim, Medical Student, Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
    ” Step by step logical deduction” Arden, NC
    ” You have set my feet on a rock.” Medical Student, Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
    ” I had discarded religion and had gone into politics at the time of Marcos. Today I want to come back.” Air Force Pilot, Manila, Philippines
    ” Now I can see that there is a reason to believe.” Faculty, School of Medical Arts, Manila, Philippines
    ” This is the happiest day of my life. I now know which road to take.” Hindu, London, UK
    ” This is such a powerful presentation; I am so pleased.” London, UK
    ” This is first time someone has listened to my questions and answered them.” Chicago, IL

32. Korgan says:

Yeah, re 131, here’s another website for the open-minded.

It exposes just how violent and absurd some mainstream religions really are.

Religion is ridiculous.

33. MacNTosh says:

Wow, Ally – if you come here trying to sell that kind of garbage (and I do mean selling, the searchseminars website is all about selling), it’s clear that it’s YOU who needs to read THIS site, and not the other way around.

34. bot says:

i have to agree with MacNTosh, Ally. Please explain Ally so i can understand you better. want to *bump chest* again?

35. Ally says:

I’m sorry my friends, i was hoping that Dr. Pandit would have had his book to be read on-line by now. I saw his interview on TV and then i saw it on-line, either on you tube or google videos i don’t remember which right now. I was unable to locate it again to refer you to it. The closest i got to “free” info was on Ben Stein’s website at http://www.intelligentwonders.com (If you want it you’ll have to e-mail Ben Stein for it though). Ben Stein was surely impressed and Ben Stein is Jewish! this is his review :-

“Come Search With Me…”

“I first saw Dr. Pandit’s seminar in 2004, and I was awe struck. Here is a non-Westerner, Doctor, who on his own, decided to undertake a 20 year journey of discovery. He first spent 10 years discovering if there was a God; once he confirmed from virtually every possible loop-hole, that there most definitely was, he then spent the next 10 on finding out who this God is. He didn’t take any of his evidence lightly, as you can see, he dove into the fabrics of science and each religion out there to decide firsthand, on which one had it right.”

“Please request Dr. Pandit’s FREE DVD seminar to the left, as well as much more.”

…….
    Re: Post 127 Please read 1. Psalm 14:1
    The fool hath said … 2. Psalm 53:1

I found this quote and i agree with it!
    “Millions of Christians have been intimidated by the high-sounding technical language of educated evolutionists, many of whom are vitriolic in their attacks on special creation. What we do need is more information on exposing the loopholes in the evolutionary theory; its base is so riddled with unscientific inconsistencies, often concealed under the gobbledygook of scientific jargon.”

……..

Re: Post 132 I thank you for that site man! It just increases my faith and shows that the person who designed that site has no clue about a loving God or the bible :(
    However, if you or anyone is curious about the atonement (at one ment), i would highly, highly recommend this book
    Chapter 3 just blew me away i was telling someone that i think Jesus Himself helped that gentleman put together that chapter; i still need to delve deeply into the entire book!
    That chapter confirmed to me, based on the bible, that a loving God would never ever! burn His creatures forever and ever! An apostate church used that doctrine to scare people into the churches and a lot of people don’t check to see if the church leaders are telling them the truth based on scripture.

I want to ask you all something?
    IF there’s someone who has, let’s say 100 children and about 20 of them came down with the most debilitating and contagious disease and that person has an immunity to the disease but the children don’t and that person offered those children a blood transfusion which would get rid of the disease. Most of the children didn’t WANT the transfusion and this disease is really really contagious and far reaching too (plus it causes them to be sooo deluded that they tend to refuse treatment once they contract the disease, though a few of the 20 did accept the blood transfusion but the rest of the 20 didn’t want it at all), so distance is not going to solve it, the only solution is total eradication and purification by fire just so that the rest of the 100 won’t be eradicated too. Should that parent annihilate the few or lose all the children?

……………..

Whomever is interested in creation/evolution issues, this site has tons of info:- http://www.creation.com

I was looking at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution -
    on the evolution thing and my opinion:- gobbledygook! and the print is soooooo tiny! I wonder why?!

36. Korgan says:

Ally, that’s a lot of jeebus link crap that you’ve spewed out in one post. None of it has any substance or support in science.

It is now incontrovertible that evolution is strongly supported by evidence. This is in no dispute whatsoever in the scientific community, despite wacko creationist attempts to sow doubt. It is no wonder that Christian wingnuts are so up in arms about evolution, since it so directly contradicts their silly creation myths.

In response to your latest link spew, here, as a PDF, is a position summary of the National Academy of Sciences regarding evolution. It’s a great read. From it, I quote:

“The discovery and understanding of the processes of evolution represent one of the most powerful achievements in the history of science. Evolution successfully explains the diversity of life on Earth and has been confirmed repeatedly through observation and experiment in a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines. Evolutionary science provides the foundation for modern biology. It has opened the door to entirely new types of medical, agricultural, and environmental research, and has led to the development of technologies that can help prevent and combat disease. Regrettably, effective science education in our schools is being undermined by efforts to introduce non-scientific concepts about evolution into science classrooms.”

Religion is a disease of the mind. Inoculate against it with reason.

37. bot says:

*chest bump* Ally… yeah, gobbledygook!

38. Markus says:

Korgan

I would love to see some of this testable data regarding evolution on a massive scale I.E > Macroevolution. As you say its pro science and you seem to be against any idea thats “nonscientific”. Anything besides examples of flies being genetically altered to grow legs on their head, species developing new traits,etc… None of these are proof that man evolved from an apelike ancestor. All they show is that species can adapt to their enviroment and sometimes quite drastically. It doesnt however show, in any way, that an animal can become a completely new species with new bodyparts and bodyplans in that we came from apes. This is all wishful speculation with little to no evidence to back it up.

Microevolution – (according to the dictionary) evolutionary change involving the gradual accumulation of mutations leading to new varieties within a species. This has been observed and shown to be true.

Macroevolution – major evolutionary transition from one type of organism to another occurring at the level of the species and higher taxa. This has not been observed and it most definitely has not been proven yet its the core of evolutionary theory. The PDF you linked gave no such evidence. It was full of speculation and assumption all starting from a naturalistic worldview. They gave examples of the similarities between man and chimp yet failed to explain how the millions of genetic differences arose. A 3 percent difference between man and chimp is MASSIVE on the genetic scale with regards to evolution. They may have similarities because the have a similar designer with similar mind, not because they both have a common ancestor. Just a thought.

Microevolution removes genes from the gene pool. Macroevolution requires adding new genes with special capability. You can’t get more of anything by removing some of it.

Regarding mutations I’ll quote an article I read that I think sums it up pretty good

“But for that to happen, the genes have to exist in the first place. Evolution depends upon mutations that produce genes with new, useful genetic information. Mutations don’t create new, useful information. Mutations cause information to be lost. Our second conclusion is that mutations cannot be the origin of more complex organisms. Mutations can only be the origin of less-complete organisms (like blind fish or wingless insects). Mutations can cause a species to devolve, but not evolve. (These are the only types of mutations yet to be observed, yet somehow, according to Dawkins, the EYE evolved upwards of 60 separate times. Miracoulous if you ask me.)

Our “whole thesis” is that science depends upon observation. Beliefs that are not supported by observation, and are actually contradicted by observation, are not scientific.

Deduction is not as reliable as observation. Deduction is the result of imperfect human interpretation of facts, often biased by emotion or prejudice. When deduction conflicts with observation, we will choose observation over deduction every time. ” – Scienceagainstevolution

Ill quote your article

“Sometimes traits change between generations. If a new trait results in an offspring doing better
    in its natural surroundings and producing more offspring that also inherit the trait, that trait
    will become more widespread over time. If the new trait makes the offspring less able to survive
    and thus leave fewer offspring, the trait will tend to fade from existence. Natural selection is the
    process by which some traits succeed and others fail in the environment where the organism
    lives. For every type of life we see today, there were many other types that were unsuccessful
    and became extinct.
    Scientists no longer question the basic facts of evolution as a process. The concept has withstood
    extensive testing by tens of thousands of specialists in biology, medicine, anthropology,
    geology, chemistry, and other fields. Discoveries in different fields have reinforced one another,
    and evidence for evolution has continued to accumulate for 150 years”

They have ONE paragraph on the fossil record and show a picture of a “transitional” bird. NICE. They somehow now this is a transitional bird with the just the bones and little to no other transitional examples between it AND birds. There a number of species today that show similarities in how they look but genetically are very different and COULDNT have a common ancestor according to evolutionary theory yet they somehow know for sure that this fossil is a transitional one for modern day birds.

Species show new traits or lose them depending on the enviroment. Creationists dont disagree with this at all. Natural selection happens but there is a genetic limit. The point of disagreement lies in whether or not this process can in the long create an entirely new species with new bodyparts, plans, etc… There IS ZERO data that supports this. It has NEVER been observed, therefore it has never been tested therefore it is not “scientific”. No one has seen a land dwelling animal become a whale. No one has seen dinosaurs evolve into birds and the evidence is quite lacking. Common characteristics in different species can suggest a common designer just as much as they can suggest a common ancestor. We dont think a bat is related to a bird just because they both have wings right? And with the impossible processes it takes to change from one species to the other, I think its more probably that they were designed. The same evidence is there for everyone, its just how the we best interpret that evidence. Go ahead and flame away and call me ignorant now.

39. Ally says:

My bad people, this site is not Ben Stein’s site
    “The closest i got to “free” info was on Ben Stein’s website at http://www.intelligentwonders.com (If you want it you’ll have to e-mail Ben Stein for it though). Ben Stein was surely impressed and Ben Stein is Jewish! this is his review :-”

but you can get the free DVD. Sorry :)

40. Korgan says:

No Markus, you are not ignorant, or not especially so. In your case, it is your deduction that is flawed. The fossil record really does provide clear evidence for evolution, now with many transitional forms included, and you really do have vestigial traits in your own body.

Religion is ridiculous.

41. Milton Roach says:

All humans need to work toward recognizing our commonalities (and how much more prevelant they are) than our differences. You can root just about any humankind problem in this respect (war, genocide, murders, hate crimes….many in the name of religion and often the name of the Bible (or the book that is human as the people who wrote it, trasncribed it, translated it, and filled in missing pieces—taught to me at Virginia Theological Seminary by a Presbyterian-PCA-minister). A good book, but not the cookbook of life. I was raised in a church to love and respect people of all faiths and religion and just simply as human being. Glad I can read and agree or disagree with what I find. Gives me strength and dialogue in another place. My church does the same–it is ok to doubt, disagree, discuss, even outright argue–and in the end we (different opinions) appreciate the other is there). And we participate with congregations of different faiths. Good luck with your site and job search

42. Scott says:

Great site! Glad you have started this.

43. ??????????? ??????: ?????? ????? ??????, ????? ????? ?????????, ?????? ????????? ? ???????????? ??? ??????, ???????? ????????? ?????, ????????? ??????. ????????????? ????????? ???????? ???????? ??????. ?????? ??????????? ?????? ?? ?????.

44. ???? ???????? ?????? ??????? ??????? ? ????????? – ??? ??????, ????, ??????, ???????, ????, ?????????? ??????, ????, ??????? ? ??? ?????…

45. ?????????? ??????????? – ???? ?????????? ???????????? ?? ????????? ?????? ????? ????????? ????????? ?? ?????? ????. ?????????? ? ??????, ????????????? ? ????????????, ?????????? ? ???? ? ??????? ??????????? ? ?????? ?????????????? ????? ?????, ????????? ???????????????? ? ?????? ?????????????? ????? ?????????? ?????.

46. Myron says:

Nice Website Gasmonso :), it reminds me of Beliefnet and Beliefcorner.

47. Craig in Scotland says:

Fantastic website!

I’ve been trying to find the Family Guy Evolution v Creationism vid for ages!

Thanks!

48. Steve says:

It would be nice if there was a bit more honesty by the creationist brigade about their motives for attempting to undermine Darwin’s theory. It’s nothing to do with lack of evidence (if they were really so keen of evidence they certainly wouldn’t believe in the theory of God). It’s quite obvious that it’s because Darwin’s theory is a major threat to their belief system.

The Christian arguments fall flat on their face for their total lack of integrity if nothing else.

49. I’m not seeing in any of the pages I looked at “intelligent” or “thoughtful” discussion. All I see, and all I continue to see ARE the flame wars you said you wanted to avoid. Having logical, thoughtful, intelligent discussions are fine, but belittling someone else’s religion or lack thereof, isn’t “thoughtful” or “intelligent”, and certainly stating that your way is the only way, or implying such only proves hypocrisy, since it’s the same thing people bash religious types for – spreading the “good word” of their faith.

50. Pauline says:

Gregory, piss off with the “good word” lies. Religious superstition such as Christianity is evil and dictates that evil be done. Check out history like the crusades and witch burnings sometime, you ignorant twit.

It’s 2010. Fuck your stupid sky fairy stories.